PASDO, an acronym for Peace Advocacy and Sustainable Development Outreach, is a non-governmental organization for global citizens interested in promoting sustainable development and creating a better world.
At PASDO, we are concerned about challenges related to food security, social justice, moral decadence, sustainable development and global problems like climate change – which manifests in Nigeria in the form of worsening flood and gully erosion activities that destroy farmlands, livelihoods, ecosystem biodiversity, access roads, communication infrastructure among other social amenities.
We work to empower young people, grassroots and people from disadvantaged communities to improve their standard of living, and also solve the problem of poverty, which we consider as major threat to sustainable development and peaceful human coexistence, and an underlying cause of crime and social vices, insecurity, militancy, and civic unrest across the globe
Our mission is to advance sustainable development by engaging in programs aimed at promoting environmental conservation, human capacity development, good governance, human rights and social justice, entrepreneurship and STEM, good morals and positive cultural values, among others.
Our vision is of a healthy, multicultural and prosperous society that coexists in fairness and in harmony with nature.
Among others, PASDO’s mandate includes:
– To carry out projects on Climate Change and environment, health and ecosystem conservation (including preservation of biological diversity).
– To carry out projects aimed at advancing social justice, human rights and a healthy democratic society.
– To carry out projects on education and youth development, entrepreneurship, science and technological innovation, agriculture and ICT.
– To promote youth exchange, tourism and engage in other activities that enhance tolerance for cultural diversity. And to carry out projects that encourage preservation of language, culture and positive indigenous values.
– To collaborate with individuals and other bodies, private or public, towards meeting the objectives of the Organization and achieving sustainable development of the society.
Research, Documentation and Consultancy (Development of Toolkits, Manuals, Articles, etc)
Youth Engagement and mentorship
Vocational training for sustainable livelihood
THEMATIC AREAS OF INTERVENTION
Environment: Climate Change, Gully Erosion and Biodiversity Conservation
Entrepreneurship and Human Capacity Development
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
Culture, Language and Peace Building
Social justice, Human Rights and Democracy
Other UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) that meet PASDO’s Sustainability Philosophy.